30 December 2007

The Kite Runner




My thoughts are in Afghanistan / Pakistan. May The Lord help the population and bring them peace next year.

I have just read the book "The Kit Runner " by Khaled Hosseini. ( De Vliegeraar ) It was a Xmas present from my friend Roos
This book is in my country a best seller.
We are waiting for the movie on 12 January.
The book tells first about live in Afghanistan in his last 30 years. Than the novel get set in Pakistan and ends in San Francisco.
This book is more than a page turner. You get the feeling of a totally different ethnic population.
I have a lot more understanding now about this region. It was such a far from my bed show until I had read this book .
It's a suggestion for everybody who is interested in anthropology.


The high mountain of Karakorum will watch humans actions and patient wait for a divine solution. We have to pray for.

No comments: