26 August 2006

Heusden

bbfnljso




This week I spend a day with my friend Nelly in Brabant. She brings me at different exhibitions and shop with supply for all kind stuff we use in making our fabrics.
First I will tell about the small town Heusden how is surrounded by his old water-fortifications in star form.
On the ditch the windmills how are used to pomp the water in the river Maas.
On one photo you can see the river just a little bit higher than land ditch.
In the Netherlands a big part is beneath sea level and water can only out with ebb- tide or pumped out by mills.
In the center of this old town you feel like in times back.
It's a favorite spot of artists and craftsmen . There are a lot of galleries .
After a side-sighing we visited an exhibition of Saskia Wishut one of our most famous surface designers.
I'm in love with here work.

On other exhibition where my friend me brought was the dool-house museum.
Here is the doll-house of the Gutenberg's the workspace. He find out the first printing press in Germany in 1445.