Dye-na-flow by Jacquard/ Experiment

Dawn © by H.Stegehuis 75 x80 cm in center
This sunday morning I found my new fabric paint witch I brought in Birmingham. Dye-na flow is new for me. I heard a lot wonderful stories about that band. Yes it is what I thought it will be. Paint what you can use plain on cotton or silk.
It's no toxic and the fabric will be smooth after dying.
I like it more than acrylic paints. You don't have to work with the softener. I think it's in his process like watercolor paint.
I like to work with a brush and water to make the color lighter and let it flow.
And I don't need stamps. I confess I hate stamps. Stamps are in my opinion a kind of reproductions . By time and wile you can find some artistic different stamps made by the artist him self. That's o.k. that are exceptions to the rule.
What's the difference with commercial fabric, when the stamps are seri work and to sold in the shop?
Never-mind,
This give me the opportunity to maker my own images.
I know what I have to buy in Houston. Bigger bottles and more other colors.
This is great stuff.


2 comments:
I do love to make original stamps and they are certainly more interesting than the commercial ones. Carve from erasers, cut from surestamp or linoleum, even using found stamps from kitchen utensils makes really interesting images and textures. I make little stamp pads with the dynaflow paints to use with the stamps.
Beautiful painting. I would love to be in your scene on this cold and wet day.
Post a Comment