Without Electricity ?
Would I be on artist without electricity?
This was for me a challenge about 5 years ago.
Imagine you would be in middle of now wear and did not have the sources of all that equipment art quilters nowadays have, what kind of art would I make.
Its liable that there is only 2 x one yard of fabric in two different tints for a quilt .
That's all and I have to make
a quilt by hand, only with needle, threat and a pair of scissors.
No ruler no cutting mat. Neither tools like a hot gun, iron-boot , nor soldering iron, nor wash machine, nor chemicals for dying only natural dye. There will be no threads and other wonderful embellishing materials.
Imagine I have to live life of somebody in a underdevelopment land.
Witch kind of art would I make for living?
There are no books available and or journals. All my painting materials are gone.
There will be no PC and I don't have access of internet printer or scanner.
This was my starting point when I realized that I 'm very privileged with all this stuff I can can buy and use.
Sometime there is to much material and I can't decide what I will use next.
Is all this modern stuff necessary to make a good design ?
Will I be able to work under this circumstances?
5 years ago was this my point of departure.
Back to the roots, but not make something in on old fashioned design.
Result of this is my seri " Four Seasons. "
Done in needle point application Mola.
© Heidi Stegehuis-Ihle Spring 39" x 39"
The other 3 Seasons you can have a look on my home page:
http://homepage.mac.com/heidistegehuis/Menu15.html


No comments:
Post a Comment