Sag mir wo die Blumen sind?





I want to tell you more about my inspiration for my quilts.
This quilt is made in 2005 when President Bush came for the celebration of 60 years after WW ll.
My home is on the rout the presidential cars and all other officials like our Queen and our Minister President had to take.
24 hours we had to stay at home with our car. 8 hours every 100m was standing a soldier with a gun in direction my house.
When I come for breakfast in the my kitchen I got urgent a new post war trauma . I was 8 years old a war child when WW ll ended. Soldiers in my front garden with guns in direction me ?
My clear sense told me there is no war outside . Go out and have a look.
It's your garden and nobody can do you anything, when you stay on your own property.
I took my D 70 and made this shots when the car stood comes along.
The biggest American Cemetery is in my village Margraten just 3 miles from my home.
It was a shock for me all the Netherlands soldiers around with guns and all the honored guest. I watched the celebration on TV.
O lot of people here have adopted a grave and bring often lowers.
All flowers where taken off and smashed beside. Understandable thats this is a security reason.
You can see the celebration of this event last photo..
Wy doe soldiers die in our time. We can fly to the moon and are not able for diplomatic solutions.
The fight goes on.
My way go's every day along this cemetery of 20 000 crosses.
I had bad dreams after this celebration and want to work out my post traumatic feelings.
The song of Marlene Dietrich comes in my thoughts.
Sag mir wo die Blumen sind,
Wo sind sie geblieben,
Was ist geschehen?
Sag mir wo die Blumen sind, ,
Mädchen flückten sie geschwind,
über Gräbern weht der Wind.
Wann wird man je verstehn,
Wann wird man je verstehn.


1 comment:
Ik vond de quilt al mooi, voordat ik de betekenis wist. Maar nu maakt hij nog meer indruk!
Post a Comment