Bringing design in your home

New light in on old kitchen.


This is the second bathroom with some new details.
Most obvious is the new spotlight.
The last month I was busy with the last detail of my kitchen. My grandchildren stay here for 2 weeks and a trip to Texel have keeps me out out my studio.
Playing with my 5 grandchildren and show him how to sew was fun. I never thought that one of then was interested in fabric.
But big surprise if I see now the result of.
The last weeks I spend most time with searching for new light in my living and spots for enlightening my quilts.
There is so much to have. After 35 years the wood sealing is absorbing all light and it's too dark in most of my rooms.
You don't be attend that this happens. It goes very slowly and one day you realize there must come more light in my home.
I like to search and visit showrooms. Until now I don't have taken a decision. That's the first time in my live I can take this decision by my self and have not to deal with compromises.
This will take much more time. Maastricht is a small town and I have to go farther for designer shops.
This small pice below is a orphan and must wait until my spirt flows again. I have to doe the small things I can't find the name in my dictionary In German it's called Pailletten at the outer side.


1 comment:
I'm just starting to re-do my kitchen. It has never been updated and the house is now 35 years old ... not long in comparison to European houses. I also note that I need more light to see well. I moved my studio into an area my son used to live in. I now have 'day-light' florescent fixtures. They are bright and easy on the eyes.
Post a Comment