11 March 2008

Island Madeira


" Levada Santo da Serra " Island Madeira Watercolor 75 x 55 cm

I found my photos from a holiday with one of my daughters years ago on the Portuguese Island Madeira.
Madeira has a very special climate with eternal spring. Showers of rain be followed by sunshine in a frequent turn, makes, that there is a paradise for flowers especial orchids. A lot of plants are endemic there.
Its in the same degree of latitude as the Sahara.
The rich amount of water runs down the mountains in irrigation channels called " Levadas " .
Besides this levadas you can walk in a easy way across the island.

1 comment:

Lalhezar said...

I have only been seriously blogging for the last few weeks but I love looking at your blog. I love the snow and the light and ethereal look of your watercolours - just beautiful. I'll keep on looking please keep up showing us your work. It is just amazing.