31 May 2007

The sky is the limit



This is the reality 15 miles from my home. the dutch Chemical industry . I think many people know how the industry corse pollution.
The politics want less cars and ignore this industrial evil. I'm not a scientist, but I can smell this every day.
Owner is the government of the Netherlands.
This photo was in our News Paper last.


My Quilt Apocalyptic Sunset is rejected in the sky is the limit.
We can't see the stars anymore at night . Reason to may lights in the night even the inter-states are with floodlight at night.
You don't need your headlights in the care in Belgium.
I can understand my issue in not commune and very nice and romantic for an exhibition.
I don't like to have this quilt at home on my walls. Nevertheless this is reality and we have to protect our environment.
There is no sunshine anymore. Only when we have wind the sky is blue.
To speak not about this evil is like to accept this practices. I'm artist and have to speak about with my art.
O.k. I'm not a commercial mind.
I have 5 grand children......

2 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

Sorry to hear Heidi, that Apocalyptic Sunset was not accepted into The Sky is the Limit exhibit.
I like how you added the smoke fibre.

Vivian said...

Perhaps this quilt should hang in the office of an environmental group. It makes a strong statement. It would be interesting to see a 'sister peeice' that would show the same area as it could be ... with green trees and blue skies.